Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Waiting....

Both DH & I went for our second round of bloodwork and are awaiting the results. Mine should back today or tomorrow and DH just shortly after. I am pretty sure that these labs are to check for CF and others to try and figure out "why" with my DH. I can't wait to find out results. Even a small amount of new info would be better than none.

In other related news, I am finding this holiday season to be a lot harder than I originally anticipated. As I spend time shopping with the masses I can't help but be more focused on every child that I see. I look at them and feel such sadness. I know that it is silly to feel that way because I don't know what my future holds, but I think that is the main cause of my sadness. My DH and I were in a Christmas store in the mall over the weekend and as is our yearly tradition we were looking for something new to add to our holiday collection (i.e. an ornament, a figurine, or fiber optic something or other) and as we are Irish (my DH was born in Ireland and moved here in the late 80's) I found myself in the Irish section. I was doing fine until I saw baby booties with shamrocks that said "Baby's First Christmas". My heart sank. My husband was close by and quickly caught my face and jumped on buying an Irish Angel. He said that this one would be much better this year. I love him so much. I can't wait to start a family with him, as I know he will be a fantastic father. As much as I wanted to drown myself in wine when we came home, I figured it was better to just get a good night's sleep..the way I see it as each day closes its one day closer to becoming parents....one day....as we wait.

No comments: