Thursday, December 10, 2009

A LONG TIME COMING UPDATE!

So when I started this blog in the midst of despair and denial I searched frantically through the blogs trying to find anyone, someone who understood. Then I turned my sights on finding bloggers who had been through our situation and had made it through to the other side. I did find some, but with most of the "exact" situations the bloggers had stopped blogging. I was very disappointed as I wanted to hear all the good news. I wanted to hear about the babies and how pregnancy was and what to expect if I made it and was left with nothing. I mention this as I was talking to a friend of mine (IRL) and realized that that is exactly what I had done. I have no real reason for not writing except that I felt horrible writing about all the pregnancy stuff when most of you were still struggling. I may be a little crazy (pregnancy brain and all) but it finally hit me that maybe, just maybe, there were people out there looking at blogs and who had found mine and then, like me, was left in the dust. For those people, I AM SO SORRY! I AM HERE!! I have been reading along with most of my blog friends, just not updating. I am going to make a much better attempt from now on to blog, even if it is just a line or two.

Okay, so here it goes. I am 26 weeks and 5 days pregnant. The doctors know the gender of the baby but DH and I decided a long time ago not to find out if it was only one baby and stuck to it, although I almost caved right before our scan. This made registering quite difficult as most items are very gender specific. And of course when I found things that I liked, i.e. with cute puppies on them they were mostly blue. C'mon! Can't girls like puppies too! :0) Anyways, we have ordered our nursery furniture which is due to arrive the first week of the new year. We have picked out paint for the nursery (2 colors actually) I have to put the samples on the walls and see which one I like best. But, they are both in the light green and light green mixed with blue color palate (appropriate for either sex). My DH is looking to have that done before the furniture arrives. I am fairly certain my shower will be in mid-late January. My Mom is throwing my shower, with the help of my sister-in-law and best friend. I am looking forward to it. At my last appointment the baby was doing great; the heartbeat was at 150. My iron is apparently a little low (not new for me) and the doctor put me on a once a day iron supplement. Which is gross! :0) Oh, and on Halloween I spent one night in the hospital with kidney stones! It was so painful and awful but the baby was just fine (my top priority of course). I am going to sign DH and I up for a trip to visit the Labor and Delivery Unit (although we were there on Halloween) but I would like an official trip and I am contemplating signing us up for the Infant Care Class. We have both been around lots and lots of babies so I am not concerned about it too much, but this way I figure we can be around and meet other couples who are expecting. Right now we are the only ones of our friends to be pregnant. Some have small children, some are due to get married next year and some are in just the beginning of relationships.

We are having some difficulty with picking names. Another downfall of not knowing the gender! :0) We have picked out a few girls names (that seemed to be easy for us) but we are really struggling with boys names. I have always loved Aiden (I am a big fan of Jon & Kate Plus 8) and he was my favorite little man. But, it seems like everyone we know, who recently had a boy, named him Aiden. I don't want to jump on the popular name bandwagon, so I think I will have to give it up. Any suggestions?? We are more than appreciative.

My final update is that we picked the date of our C-Section (well I should say MY C-Section)!!!! LOL Our Baby will be born March 4, 2010. We were given two dates to choose from, based on my doctor preference, and went with the 4th. You see, my birthday is May 4th, my Mom is June 4th, and one of my cousins is Nov 4th so it seemed only fitting to keep the Birthday 4's alive. It is very exciting and at the same time scary as hell! :0) I mean, this is really happening! Now there is an official end date. I hope everyone is well. And, I will be in touch soon!

3 comments:

Liza said...

I just wanted to let you know that I check on your blog daily and was SO happy to see an update yesterday! :)

Erica said...

March 4th, here you come!!! Glad to hear things are moving along nicely.

Just Wishing and Hoping said...

Thank you for coming back! I found your blog when we were diagnosed through stirrup queens. I find so much hope to find women who were successful with their first IVF.