Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Results & C-Section

So my sugar was excellent. It was 81. Thank God! I was very nervous about it because I have a bit of a sweet tooth, but all went well. And, as I mentioned in my last post, we set up the C-Section. The baby will be born March 4, 2010. The surgery is scheduled right now for 10am (we have to be there at 8:30am. It is crazy!!! I still can't believe it. DH is going to attempt to paint the nursery this weekend if he doesn't wind up having to work and the furniture is due to come in the first week in Jan. This is really happening. I am amazed everyday and so very Thankful that this is happening.

We did the Baby Care class at the hospital and it was pretty informative. DH and I knew a lot of the information but it was still very interesting. I liked that they went over bottle feeding (as most likely that is what I will be doing) they showed a cheesy 1970's safety video and talked to us about what paperwork we would have to fill out at the hospital after the birth so that we would be prepared. They talked too about the safety precautions taken at the hospital so as to ensure that our babies are completely safe from abduction, which I very much liked. The people however in our class were absolute morons! :0) I say that as lovingly as possible. But it truly was amazing to me how some people just have no clue about babies at all.

We are going for our tour of the hospital and labor & delivery unit on Jan 2, 2010. I can't wait for that too. I am so very excited. It's all too surreal for me. I am not going to lie, some days are very exciting and others leave me extremely fearful. It's going to be such a major change. Are we ready? Will we be good parents? Will we fail? Will I have enough patience? Will I go back to smoking? It's incredible how many thoughts go through my brain. lol

No comments: