Thursday, February 11, 2010

Baby Has Arrived!!!

Okay, so I'm going to make this quick, because I need to go to bed, But I had the Baby yesterday 2/10/10 in the middle of a blizzard in NJ. "HE "weighed in at 5lbs 10oz and 17 1/2 inches long and was born exactly at 10:12am. Yes, you heard me correctly, IT'S A BOY!!!!

I was having really bad back spasms that started Monday afternoon. I was advised by my doctor to do whatever I had to do to keep comfortable, and because of my blood pressure issue, we had moved up the C-Section date from 3/4 to 2/20. He prescribed Tylenol with codeine for me and it only helped me to get sleep for about 4 hours that night. I woke up in tremendous pain and then starting cramping (contractions). I called the Dr. about 6 am and he told us to go directly to the hospital. The baby was fine, we were listening to the heartbeat but I was still having contractions. The baby had dropped some so they weren't sure what to do until they did an ultrasound and found blood in the placenta. They quickly decided it was time to deliver and literally 22 minutes later my beautiful baby Boy was born.

I am in some discomfort, but it's not horrible. In fact, I have taken no pain meds except for Motrin and I have been up walking. Our baby is doing great, but he is in the Special Care Nursery because he was born early (week 35) and is considered preemie. He is also spitting up alot with each feeding and then sometimes after so they still have him on iv fluids. We are hopeful to have him in the regular nursery and therefore allowed in our room by tomorrow. Although we can go to him whenever, I still hate being apart from him. He is beautiful and I just can't explain how much love DH and I have for our son. He is truly our miracle baby (an angel sent from Heaven) and it finally feels like our family is complete. I will post pictures as soon as I can. But, for now I am going to rest. I am planning to be there for his 5:30am EST feeding. I am completely in awe of him every time I see him. He is ours and He is here and He is perfect!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!! I am so excited that you and your sweet son are doing well! What a nice surprise. :) I can't wait to see some pictures. Rest well sweeties!!

Andie Zimmerman said...

Congrats to you and your family! Do we have a name for this little guy?

Melissa said...

Whoops! I forgot to tell you his name...Ryan Patrick :0)

Somewhat Ordinary said...

Congratulations, mom and dad and welcome to the world Ryan!

Bethany Lenhart said...

Congratulations!!! What a surprise!

Just Wishing and Hoping said...

I was so worried about the weather and all these ladies so close to their due date. I'm glad you and your baby boy are doing well. Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and what a fun suprise.

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Here from Lost and Found...

Congratulations! Hope he can come home soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh, congratulations!!! What a sweetie, and I LOVE the name. I'm glad that you are both doing well...can you believe how crazy it is to have a newborn at home? Can't wait to see pictures. Take care and rest up!