Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Another notch DOWN the rollercoaster of IF....

Hello Everyone! I apologize for my absence the last few days but alot has transpired. My DH is doing very well from the MESA procedure. He went back to work yesterday and is having very limited discomfort. Thank God. However on Friday we got a call from his Dad that his Uncle passed away. His Uncle lived in Ireland, where almost all of his family is currently except for immediate members. It was a big shock as it occurred suddenly and its very sad because he was like a second Dad to my DH. We haven't been to Ireland to visit the family in over 5 years and this killed my DH. We are all still very upset. My DH seems to be doing okay with it, but he is the type to keep emotions inside, so its hard for me to tell.

As for the IF stuff, I went for my HSG yesterday. As noted in my previous post I hadn't had it done sooner because we focused on DH's Azoo diagnosis, and low and behold...I have a blockage in my left tube!!!! GIVE US A DAMN BREAK ALREADY!!!! So, now I have to schedule my operation for removal of the tube and according to the surgery coordinator the earliest I could go will be March 20. I still can't believe this. I knew something was wrong because the HSG was extremely painful. I called out of work today...a personal day if you will. I just can't believe that its one thing after another. WTF??? The RE says to me, "Well this should make DH feel a little bit better because its not all on him!" LOL I knew that he was trying to make light of the situation but, I lost it completely. I am so upset. I just feel like nothing can go right. And, of course I know that this in not the end. We still will be able to do IVF eventually, but it certainly felt like another blow. Has anyone had their tubes removed? I am wondering what to expect. I am waiting for the RE to call me today to go over some questions that of course I was only able to think of after my meltdown yesterday. I hope everyone else is doing well and I will be back after I sulk in self-pity for a bit.

11 comments:

Jendeis said...

I'm glad that DH seems to be recovering well, but sorry for the bad news in your life. Wishing for the best for you two.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. I know what it's like to get all geared up and then have another delay and another diagnosis put in your file. I'm so sorry.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry from the new IF issue. :( We're a double issue couple, too. **hugs**

Emmy said...

Argh. Sorry for the bad news with the HSG. Why isn't this all easier?

I haven't been looked at either, so I also worry what they'll find wrong with me if/when the time comes.

'Murgdan' said...

I've had it with joke making REs already. Hang in there.

Spacey said...

I'm glad to hear that your DH is recovering well from his procedure. I'm sorry about the bad news though.

I just have a question: did your RE explain why they would be removing the tube since with IVF it doesn't matter if it's blocked as the entire procedure circumvents the tubes?

Anonymous said...

So sorry for the news about your DH's uncle, and the medical stuff for you. I had the same question as Spacey, regarding the tube and IVF. May be something to research and ask your doctors about.

(((hugs)))

Soralis said...

Sorry about your HSG results. Good luck (we had no issues with tubes or sperm, bu still couldn't get PG. Infertility is just a nasty thing!) Hang in there it can be a rough ride but I wish you success

Erica said...

Ugh, I hate when it seems like the universe is throwing sucker punches. I hope you find peace in the knowledge that you are not alone.
I wish I was able to shed some light on tubal surgeries, but I can't. There is a blogger who recently commented on my most recent post. She goes by the name of Mary and may have some answers for you. According to her posts, she only has one tube. I thought that IVF helped to bypass tubal issues though...do some research.
Anyway, thanks for following and I'll be adding you to my blogroll. :)

Spacey said...

I got your message and I'm really sorry. That really sucks, but I'm sure the surgery will go well and you will be on your road for that IVF cycle in no time.
Cycle buddies? ;)

A said...

Hi! I apologise for not commenting on your last blog. I've been a bit slack at blog reading in the last few weeks :) I was so happy to read your good news about the MESA results. That's so fantastic and it's great you can now move forward!

Sorry to hear about your tube - we're also both the issue (so i just found out). I have the same question as the others - if you are doing IVF is it nessesary for tube removal? I'm sure the doctor knows what he is doing, i'm just curious. 'Wishing4One' on my blogroll had tubes removed in January - her posts may be helpful for you :)

((hugs))