Saturday, March 21, 2009

I Com Leav We Day 1

Welcome to all new and old readers!!!! Our IF timeline is posted on the right hand side, but just to give you a quick synopsis: After over 2 years of "trying" on our own we went for workup; only to discover DH has azoospermia. He had a MESA procedure and we successfully retrieved a decent amount of sperm. On to IVF with ICSI...oh but wait, my HSG found that my left tube was blocked and needs to be removed! UGH! So, I actually had surgery yesterday and everything went perfectly smooth. Thank God. So, now after healing we will start cycling in May! I can't believe it.

With regards to my surgery, I was extremely emotional before and after, although crying after hurts a lot more. I feel better when I am sitting up or walking as opposed to laying down which really made sleeping last night not fun. So, today I am up early, planning on taking a pain pill and heading off to sleepy land. I didn't take any pain meds yesterday except for Motrin, but I need to sleep. I am exhausted. I am officially a non-smoker now. I had smoked up until Thursday night (night before surgery) mainly because I was scared to death. But, no more. Now that everything went smooth...its on to healthy baby making. I am off from work until next Friday so that gives me all week to get through the hard part of not smoking. Although God is getting me back for not quitting earlier...from not smoking I have been doing a lot of coughing which hurts like a b*tch!!!! :o) I get it...you live and learn.

I look forward to meeting and reading along with as many new people as possible and I Thank You for stopping by!!!

8 comments:

Barefoot said...

Hello and hooray for IComLeavWe!

I hope you get plenty of rest today -- it definitely sounds like you need it! I am amazed that you are facing all of these challenges and QUITTING SMOKING on top of it. I'm struggling with quitting red wine, but that can't even compare.

Looking forward to following your blog as you get ready to start cycling!

Anonymous said...

I'm doing the quitting smoking thing myself at the moment, it's hard :/ I hope that it all goes smoothly for you and that you don't have too many days where the nicotine monster stalks you! Happy ICLW :)

Erica said...

Yay for a successful surgery! I hope you get all of the peace and rest you need this week.

And now, onto babymaking...

Flower said...

May will be here before you know it (wink) Glad to read surgery went smoothly. I had to have my right tube removed due to an ectopic pregnancy.....I woke up crying like a big baby. Congrats on quitting smoking.

aimeemax said...

Wow, well done on giving up the cigs! The Big Guy and I gave up last August to help the baby-making machine along - it was hard for a little while but then pretty soon it was fine. I feel so much better not smoking.

Also, nice to know your surgery went well - May will be so exciting :o)

poppy.f.seed said...

thanks for visiting my blog. (I already cycled)
Hope you heal well and IVF goes wonderfully!

ME! said...

I am glad your surgery went well, but really sorry you are so sore. Hoooray for starting to kock the habit. I say starting because I quit in Jan. And know how hard it is. For my DH and I to stick with it, we had to just say baby everytime we craved one...or someone was offering us one. GOOD LUCK!!!

Jendeis said...

So glad that your surgery went well - hope that you continue to heal quickly. Hugs!