Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Sorry, I am a Bad Posting Friend!

This will be a short post as I am at work. But, I wanted to apologize for not posting or reading along with all of yours. I have been very depressed (I guess you can say) these last couple of weeks and am slowly coming out of hiding. Nothing too big/bad has happened, but I have not had too much to say. I promise to catch up with all of you soon. My surgery is next Friday 3/20/09--can't believe it! I have signed up for IComLeavWe for March and promise to post lots during the week I am home. Hope all is well.

PS- I fell off the non-smoking wagon. :0( I am working on it though. It's the toughest thing I have ever had to do. I feel fine with it some days and then other days something bad happens at work or with the family and all I want to do is pick up a stupid cigarette. I really wish I had NEVER started in the first place. Thank you for bearing with me. I'll be back soon!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quitting smoking while dealing with IF and surgery and all the other stuff you have going on must be really, really hard. Just the THOUGHT of quitting smoking in combo with all that stuff must be really hard. Be kind to yourself.

Anonymous said...

((hugs)) I'm sorry for the rough spell. :( Don't worry about posting - just do it when you want to. We're here for you!

Erica said...

Ugh, I totally hear you on the quitting smoking thing. I quit cold turkey over 4 years ago, but picked up a cig in Cancun this summer. (We were there with a bunch of friends that cause me to do bad things.) Since that trip, I have one or two each time I have a drink. May not sound like a big deal, but to me, it is! 4 years was a long time to go, and I thought it was out of my system. Nope! Parliament 100's always look like a snack stick.

I'm glad to hear that you are starting to feel better. Lots of luck with your surgery next week, although I'm sure we'll chat before then.

Jendeis said...

Thinking about you and hoping that you are ok.

I've heard it said that quitting smoking is the hardest addiction to kick next to heroin. I think one of the issues is that so much in your life can revolve around smoking -- you know, how it's not just the physical addiction, but how your day goes, when you take breaks, meeting people, etc.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're having a rough time. If I had a blog in the first year after our azoo diagnosis it would have chronicled my depression, acting out, lack of communication with all people (including my husband), etc.

What you are dealing with IS hard. I wish I could do something to help. Do you have anyone (like a counselor or therapist) that you can talk to?

((hugs))

Spacey said...

**hugs** I hope you are feeling a bit better lately. Thinking of you on the 20th! Sending lots of good vibes your way!

Anonymous said...

Sending lots of good vibes your way.

Good luck with your surgery on the 20th, you will be in my thoughts.