Sunday, March 22, 2009

I Com Leav We Day 2

Hello All!! I figured I would write a small post as to how the recovery is going. So, yeah last night I was in so much pain I was delirious. Thank God for pain meds. My DH is so wonderful though. He dealt with it with such patience and love. He and the dog slept with me in the living room last night because it hurts too much to get up into my ridiculously high bed. I guess to try and put the pain into words, it feels like I have done 1000's of sit-ups and then opted to not do anything ever again. :0) I really can't wait to be feeling my normal self again. Today has been a bit better. I actually showered which really helped. I just have to watch what position I put my body in. We are having my sis-in-law and nieces and nephews over for dinner so that I am excited for. DH is the chef for tonight. I am so proud of him. I can't tell you how blessed I feel to have his heart.

Side note: Have not even thought about having cigarettes! I guess that is the cure...go through surgery and severe pain..at least so far that is working for me!! :0)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa, I'm sorry you are in so much pain. It sounds just awful. I laughed when you wrote that you're having family over tonight, because that is totally something I would do! Just make sure they let you sit and rest and bring you goodies. NO WORKING!

Good luck with quitting smoking - I know you can do it!!

Jennifer said...

Hi Melissa - returning your ICLW comment! I'm sorry you're in so much pain, but I'm glad your surgery went well. How sweet of your DH to keep you company in the living room!! What a great guy.

I'm not sure when we'll be able to start our IVF cycle - we have some insurance issues to work out first. :( But I am hoping for May, in which case...cycle buddies?!

Rest up, and hope you feel better soon!

oklaln86 said...

Here from ICLW. Wishing you a happy and healthy recovery. I'm so glad the surgery went as planned! And good work with the cigs! I almost killed my husband when he quit, he was SO cranky.

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

I found I had a leaking/blocked tube mid way through my 1st IVF cycle ...it was a bust anyway.

Good on you for quitting the cigarettes and your next cycle.

Hope the pain has settled. Thanks for visiting me.

Here from ICLW...No. 103
My Little Drummer Boys

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

I meant Good luck for your next cycle.

theworms said...

I hope you recover quickly, sounds painful. GL with your next cycle and great job staying away from the cigs.

ICLW

Kristin said...

I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but the very best thing for abdominal pain after surgery is getting up and walking around. The pain comes from the air trapped in your abdomen (3 c-sections including the post-if one taught me that).

Hope the pain abates and you feel 100% soon.

Have a wonderful dinner and hope your first IVF is a huge success.

~ICLW

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Anyhow, I hope you feel better soon! Perhaps the dinner last night soothed it a bit? :)

Also, wanted to congratulate you on quitting smoking! Awesome!!! May you have the fortitude to continue with it for a long, long time!

Erica said...

I'm so glad you were able to shower today. :) It's the small things that matter some days...

I hope the dinner was wonderful and you were able to spend some quality time with the fam.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! No, the mock transfer didn't hurt at all, in fact is was less uncomfortable than the ultrasound they did right before. And, after the surgery you've just been through, I'm sure everything moving forward will be a piece of cake for you.

Hope you are feeling better and better each day!

Misty said...

Wish you a great recovery and a sucessful IVF!
Way to go with not smoking!
ICLW

ME! said...

Hope you are doing okay! YEAH on the not smoking! That is hard.
Happy ICLW

Mrs. Gamgee said...

I hope that you are beginning to feel better, and are up and around soon. Sounds like you have a great guy there!

ICLW

Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling much better adn that you've been able to recover quickly. Good going with the cigs, keep it up!