Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Just Checking In....

Hey Everyone!
Sorry I haven't been around in a bit. Let's see if I can get you caught up. I finally had my BCP's changed and they are much better. No more headaches or nausea. Thank God. My birthday was this past Monday so I spent most of the weekend celebrating. Don't worry...there was not too much alcohol involved. I am still on the nicotine patch..going strong...except for Saturday night. I faltered slightly due to too much alcohol, but successfully jumped back on the band wagon on Sunday. This year my birthday was amazing. I really wasn't looking forward to it, like I usually am, I mean c'mon my head is focusing on way too many other things right now. But, it actually was probably one of the best birthdays I have had in awhile. I feel so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends. They made me feel so special and loved. I can't THANK them enough.

The big news was that I got a call yesterday from the RE's office from the finance dept. and they took a decent amount of $ off the bill. What a relief! And, today I spoke to the pharmacy and they will be letting me know how much I owe them after they contact the insurance company. I can't believe this is happening. They will be mailing out my medication the week of the 18th because I start my Lupron on 5/26. I can't believe it!!!!! I am so excited, scared, hopeful and anxious and every other emotion you can think of rolled into one!!! I just really want this to work. I want so very badly to be a Mom. Please Lord, be kind to us and help us with this one little request. We promise to be the best parents we possibly can be. We promise to love the little angels that you bless us with with every ounce of our being. Thank you!!!! I hope you are listening!!!

6 comments:

djordan said...

So exciting! I wish you the best of luck this cycle!

Spacey said...

Happy Birthday!
Good luck with starting the shots later this month!

Hillary said...

Great news about the discount!! GL and keep us posted :)

Dr.Rutledge said...

Hi Melissa,

Happy Belated Birthday and thanks for sharing this experience.

I'm a physician and former faculty member at Harvard and Stanford Medical Schools. I discovered your blog while looking for the best health writers on the web. I reviewed your posts, and think your writing would be a great addition to the Pregnancy & Fertility Community on Wellsphere, a top 5 health website that has nearly 5 million visitors monthly. If you would like to learn more about how you can join our Health Blogger Network, republish your blog posts and be featured on the Wellsphere platform, just drop me an email at dr.rutledge@wellsphere.com.

Cheers,
Geoff

Erica said...

Keeping it all crossed for you! Loopy Lupron, here you come...

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday!! Good for you for getting right back on the non-smoking horse on Sunday. It's like a diet I guess...one misstep doesn't have to mean the whole thing goes out the window!

Great news about the bills and the meds arriving soon. Once things start going time will start flying by!