Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Drumroll Please............................

So, it's official we are definitely pregnant! How many? We still don't know for sure! As is our "way" there is some drama. There is definitely one embryo with a heartbeat that we saw. Well, I should say DH saw, for some reason I didn't see it, but I digress. It appears that the second blastocyst that we transferred SPLIT!!!! There were two more sacs, but unfortunately none had an embryo in them. The RE wants me to come back next Tues for another u/s to see if there is any development. He did not sway us in either direction, he just said to stick to the facts. So here they are:

1. We definitely have a Singleton pregnancy
2. The second blastocyst split and we could have twins or triplets!
3. The development of twins can be slow and it is still early on as I am only 6wks 3dys as of today

HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are both super excited! I am thrilled to have fought the IF and won (at least so far)! We both feel blessed that it worked the first time and consider it a miracle. We know that we have control of nothing and feel that whatever is supposed to be, will be. So, for now, another week of waiting!!!

16 comments:

Sally said...

This is just awesome! You give me hope & inspiration as I'm going thorough my first IVF cycle too. So happy for you!!!! :)

Leslee said...

WOW! That's incredible. Hang in there, Tuesday will come soon!

ME! said...

woo hoo! LOVE IT! I am so happy for you! I am doin' a happy dance!!! :)

Melissa Griffin said...

OMG that is excellent news!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!

Anonymous said...

YAYYY! I am so happy for you. I cant wait to hear about the other two. Prayers your way.

Erica said...

Fantastic news Melissa! I'm so happy for you. :)

Michele said...

congrats on baby 1! I hope that your next appt shows more happy babies for you to love.

from lfca...

Queenie. . . said...

Wow, talk about suspense!!! Best of luck to you at the next u/s.

Jendeis said...

Wow!! Congratulations!

Bethany Lenhart said...

Congratulations!!! This is such wonderful news :) Enjoy this time!

Carrie said...

Hi! Here from LFCA. I am 20 weeks pregnant with triplets- we transferred two blasts and one split into identical twins. Crazy how that can happen, right!?

Just wanted to say congratulations and however your pregnancy continues, I hope it is HEALTHY and HAPPY! :)

Carrie

Rebekah said...

So exciting! Congrats!

Barefoot said...

Wow!! Congratulations!! Nothing like a little uncertainty, ay? ;)

Spacey said...

That's awesome! Congratulations!!!

Ms. Perky said...

Good luck. I'm a mom of triplets and we had dramarama in our early ultrasounds. "Look, there's two!" "Hey, now three!" "Okay, one heartbeat!" "Okay, two heartbeats!" "Now three heartbeats!" It was a different answer every week. Good luck, and just try to breathe. :)

Somewhat Ordinary said...

Wow, congratulations!! I've been a really bad blogger and totally missed this. This is fantastic news!