Saturday, July 25, 2009

Morning Sickness is Horrific!!!!

I went to bed Wednesday night feeling normal and my happy pregnant self, but woke up Thursday a whole new constantly nauseous person!! I can't handle this. This is crazy. I threw up twice Thursday morning and did not go to work. I have not thrown up since then, but just feel like I can at any given moment. It actually woke me up yesterday at 5:30am and my wonderful DH brought me dry toast and ginger ale in bed. I am dying. Between the heartburn and the nausea I don't know which one is worse. This has totally thrown me for a loop. I guess I didn't realize it could come on so fast without any warning. I don't know why this happens, but it is very cruel. There is nothing joyful about this at all!! :0(

Okay, that was my vent, and now I can say that I do consider it a blessing. I know that by having it things are progressing somewhat normally. I just hope it doesn't stay around long! :0)

Side note: I am 7 weeks today!!!

5 comments:

Melissa Griffin said...

Oh Melissa, I am sorry you have morning sickness! I have been fortunate at 12 weeks I only threw up once because I ate something that didnt like me but I will say for 3 months I have hardly left the house because the nausea is a fricken killer - feels like your going to throw up all the time but you never actually do.

This is what I did. I went to babies r us and bought preggie pops and then I bought jolly ranchers...when I sucked on a candy it helped - so I put them at my bed side and saltines...I would have 2 saltines and then pop a candy in my mouth and lay there for a few then I would sit up and dangle my feet off the side of the bed for a little then get up (doctor recommended this) getting up fast sometimes makes it worse so this worked well for me.

Just a thought!

LitterOf2 said...

I don't know you yet but wanted to add that no matter HOW MUCH we go through to get preggo, it doesn't mean it's all roses and rainbows... so don't feel guilty about struggling now. The preggie pops did help me and forcing myself to eat at least a cracker also kept it slightly under control.

For me, it DID get better at 12-20 weeks, but I'm sorry to say that the third trimester was the WORST for me... I couldn't even lie down for 3 hours after eating due to the heartburn. It is SO worth it though. Good luck!

djordan said...

I've been following your blog for a while now but can't remember if I've ever commented. I am right there with you on the morning (all day) sickness as well as the heartburn. I actually just googled that one today because it's been really bad and had NO idea it was common in pregnacy. At least I know I'm not alone. Both are just not fun. Hang in there!

Erica said...

My worst weeks were from 8-9! I totally know how you feel. It is a cruel, cruel joke. :) I threw up a dozen times or so, but the nausea is what really threw me for a loop. I literally taught the last two weeks of school from my chair with a trash can next to my legs. The kids did EVERYTHING for me. It sucked!!!

The bright side, which you won't believe at this point, is you WILL feel better. Promise. A little tip that worked for me: DH brought me breakfast in bed every morning until it went away. I wouldn't even get up to pee in the a.m without eating first. And eat a substantial amount. The days of granola bars or a yogurt only are OVER! My motto was "feel like I'm gonna puke, EAT!" Surprisingly, it helped.

Good luck and hang in there! You'll make it. :)

AmandaM said...

poo on horrific morning sickness, hope it gets better soon!