Thursday, April 23, 2009

AF HAS ARRIVED!!!!!!!!

Whoo Hooo! I was beginning to think that she was not going to show, but it appears that I had my dates wrong (I was early last month due to the surgery) and she has come right on time. I was with a consulting company today at work...all day....so wasn't able to call the RE but, in all fairness she didn't show herself until late in the day. So, here we go!!! The first step with this cycle. I will call the nurse in the morning and find out when to start BCPs. I am sooooo excited. I was beginning to think that I was going to be all screwed up and be left behind.

I wanted to write a bit about in-laws. Can't live with them, can't live without them. My in-laws can be so weird. My mil is not talking to DH because we missed a mass on Sunday in honor of his late uncle who passed in Feb because...umm....NO ONE TOLD US!!!!!!!!!! My DH was even with his mom on Sat and she made no mention. She has been giving him the silent treatment all week (we didn't know why) and only today, when he called her out on it, she told him she was mad that we didn't come on Sunday and or call to say we weren't coming. Are you kidding me? How the hell were we supposed to know??? Get out our magic crystal balls?? I am so fed up with the lack of communication with that side of the family that I want to explode. But, what can you do, right? LOL... we could just change our numbers and move out of town. But, unfortunately that won't solve anything. We will just continue to be the outcasts of the family, which sadly I believe happened the day we were married.

Side Note: I am on Day 17 smoke free.....Thank you Mr. Nicotine Patch...you are a godsend!

4 comments:

'Murgdan' said...

Great for AF, but even better for the smoking...this is such a great feat! Hang in there!!!

Jendeis said...

A big -W- to the in-laws.

I'm so proud of you for the non-smoking! Glad that you've found a solution that works for you!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, my in-laws do the same thing...what do you mean you can't come to the birthday party tomorrow?? Well, we DO have lives and need to plan ahead to some extent. Sometimes, though, I wonder if the missing link is DH forgetting what his mom told him.

SO glad you get to get started, and I am so proud of you for quitting smoking! Keep it up :)

oklaln86 said...

Yay for the patch and yay for AF! Good luck this cycle!