Tuesday, April 7, 2009

May/June Cycle it is!!!

I am so excited I can't begin to tell you! I went for my post-op appt yesterday and everything looked great. The RE laughed at me because there was still "glue" left on 2 out of 3 incision sites. I couldn't help it..I was too afraid to pick it off. All I could imagine was big gaping holes with blood pouring out. LOL I am such a spaz sometimes. But, anyway, my Mom went with me (she is so excited about all of this too) and he then asked me when I last had a visit from AF. He then told me to call when my next period starts and the nurse will tell me when to start the BCP's (which should be around 4/20). The nurse wrote me out the prescription and told me the exact same thing to call on CD1 and then she will tell me when to fill the script. OMG! I was flying at that point. Then he tells me to see the billing lady (I was dreading this part) but in the mean time the other nurse is writing down all of my dates for me. So, the dates are as follows:

-Start the BCP's with next period
-Lupron starts 5/26 or 5/28
-Stim Day 1 : 6/9
-Retrieval- 6/25
-5 day transfer 6/30

Mom and I are then whisked off to talk $$$. It was about what I anticipated, but of course discussing it now it becomes real. She tells me because we are paying out of pocket and the economy is such a mess that she will talk to the doctor and see what they can do for us. They might be able to the lower the numbers some. Thank God! We will take whatever we can get. Just before leaving the doctor grabs me and asks if I have stopped smoking. I said sort of and that I was going to start the gum right away. He tells me to do whatever I have to..pills, gum, patch, shots it doesn't matter just no more cigarettes. So, after deliberating with Mom I decided to go on the patch. Today is day one and so far its not bad. I have had all of 2 cravings which I was able to deal with through hard candy and water. I feel extremely motivated now. :0)

Last night after all of my errands my friend J and I went to visit one of our friends who just recently had a baby (early March)..a little boy. It was so nice to be with the girls and talk about all kinds of things. Both of these really close friends know my situation and it is so nice to have a great support system. And, holding the new born really made me excited for the future. All I kept thinking as I looked down at this tiny beautiful and most adorable miracle was..."I want one!"

8 comments:

Felicia said...

This is so exciting!! Seems like full speed ahead. Quitting smoking is tough, but you have the best motivation so I know you can do it! Keep us posted.

Hillary said...

Yay for schedules and hopefulness!! You sound so happy and excited -- I'm thrilled for you!

Jendeis said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you and praying that the patch helps.

Spacey said...

This is so exciting!!! May will be here before you know it! :)

Anonymous said...

Ohh, once you start it will all start to go really fast! I'm so glad you have your schedule.

Yes, now you have the BEST motivation ever to quit smoking. Good luck to you!

ME! said...

YEAH!!! How exciting! That smoking is a TOUGH thing to quit! I had my last smoke December 26th 2008..around 6pm if I remember correctly. I STILL have cravings...but I just think "baby, baby, being a mommy" It does get better over time- the cravings occur less and less...but I do still have them, but it is easier to distract myself from them.

I am praying for you- and your DH!! :) My DH and I quit at the same time...in a cabin in Gatlinburg for week with his parents- that DIDN'T know we smoked. It was interesting, and difficult to explain why we were so crabby. LOL

We are still both alive and married so we made it out okay.

Talk about a detox! LOL

GOOD LUCK!

Erica said...

What wonderful news! Now c'mon AF - arrive on time so we can get this party started. :)

Aren't newborns just precious? My girlfriend brought over her 3 week old son last night to rub some baby luck on me - I heart him already. And I must have a magic touch, 'cause the kid went to sleep in my arms in no time. I hope you'll have your happy ending soon.

And good luck with the patch - I'm pulling for you.

Erica said...

What wonderful news! Now c'mon AF - arrive on time so we can get this party started. :)

Aren't newborns just precious? My girlfriend brought over her 3 week old son last night to rub some baby luck on me - I heart him already. And I must have a magic touch, 'cause the kid went to sleep in my arms in no time. I hope you'll have your happy ending soon.

And good luck with the patch - I'm pulling for you.