Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Spring Day...FINALLY!

I haven't written in awhile as there is not too much going on. On the IF front I am just waiting for AF to come so I can start my BCP's. Never thought I would say those words..."Wishing and waiting for my AF!"
On another topic, my DH totalled his car last Saturday. We had lots of rain and he was heading to work in the city (NYC). He hydroplaned on the parkway and went head on with the guardrail four lanes of traffic over. Thankfully, he is fine and no one else was involved, but sadly his car did not make it. So, now we need to buy a new car. I have a company car which we have already thought we would need to replace if I get to stay home with the baby/babies and that he would just need a commuter car (to get to and from the bus station) but now we figure that with economy what it is and the deals that are out there that we would buy a new "family" SUV and buy the commuter car next year. Any suggestions?? We are not thrilled with having to put out more $$ right now, but really, what choice do we have?
We also are really looking forward to this weekend as we are going to see Kenny Chesney in concert. We are driving up to Moeghan Sun in CT to the Saturday show. We were going to stay over but need to save $ somewhere. It should be fun. We have never been there and we are meeting two of our friends up there for dinner, some gambling and the show. This is the first weekend in a long time that DH and I will be together for 3 straight days. YEAH!!!
And, finally, wow I guess I really had alot to share, I am very concerned about my friend E. She just recently had a baby (I talked of visiting her in my previous post) and, well her and her DH are really having a rough time. They are arguing all the time and she is even thinking that maybe she should get a divorce. I know that part of it is the stress of a new baby and money issues but I really don't know what to say to her. Any ideas on how I might be able to help? I love her lots and just want her to be happy.

1 comment:

Erica said...

Maybe suggest counseling. I don't know. Marriage is a tough frontier!!!

Isn't AF just the rudest bitch? Like, helloooooo - when you don't want her, she arrives without fail. And when you do (which for IFs is like never) she decides to be late. Grrrrrrrrr! Hope she rears her ugly head soon.