Tuesday, June 9, 2009

1st Monitoring U/S & Bloodwork

Good Morning!!

So today I went for my first of the monitoring ultra sounds and blood work. It was pretty surreal being in a room full of infertiles. We were all looking around at each other; I am sure the same thoughts going through our brains, "I know what you are here for". There was one girl who seemed to talk to everyone. I think it was nervous chatter. She announced that she had had surgery in March ( fibroids and endo removed) and she just found out yesterday that she was pregnant. She was coming in for blood work. Yippee for you! You could see everyone, myself included, just stare at her, wanting to scream out, "You don't belong in the same room as us! Get out!" Sorry, I am feeling a little cranky today.

However, tonight is the night!! We start stimming! I am excited, although a close friend of mine said that I seemed very reserved for this part of it all. She had expected me to be a bit more excited. I don't really know how I feel. I am super excited, but I am very anxious. How are these new meds going to make me feel? Will all this needle poking be worth it?

Oh, I went to the psychic yesterday and she says that it won't work the first time. BOO!!! But, she does see me pregnant by September. Well, if it doesn't work the first time, I won't be pregnant in September because we won't have the $$ that quickly put aside to try again. I am hoping she was off by a couple of months. She also said that she saw me having 3 kids. Twins the first time (boy and a girl) and then just one boy the next time. Well, I am not really holding much stock in what she says, but we shall see. Gotta Go...time to get back to work!!!!! :0)

2 comments:

Erica said...

Yeah, I wouldn't put much into what she had to say. :)

Glad the appointment went uneventfully and that you begin stims tonight! You will realize quickly that you will feel a myriad of emotions switching as often as moment to moment, so don't be too hard on yourself if you aren't more excited. I felt mostly anxious the whole time. Are you going for acupuncture treatments? I SWEAR that is what made the difference for me. Seriously, I SWEAR!!!

Good luck with your first set of needles.

Melissa said...

Erica- Thank you for the support. I am not going for the accupunture, but if I need to do this again I most certainly will. :0) I can't believe its here already!!! How are you feeling?