Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Stim Day One Results

Holy Cow!!! I did NOT like the new needle. It hurt and its pretty big!!! And, I had some stinging. I was not prepared for this round. I got it done, but then cried for what seemed like an hour. The pain did not last that long, mere seconds, but I was way over emotional about the whole thing. I iced my tummy and that felt better, but my tummy overall is feeling sore now. I was so emotionally drained that I feel asleep at 9:30pm last night and missed one of my favorite shows, "Rescue Me".

This morning I woke up feeling tired, as usual, to do my Lupron shot. I was calm about it because this needle is nothing, I can handle it. Well, apparently, my brain decided to freak out and I froze. I couldn't do it. I tried stabbing myself but it hurt and I stopped, causing some bleeding. I turned to DH and said, "I can't do it!" He grabbed the needle and stabbed me. It was all over. I tell you, I am really learning a lot about myself and my relationship with DH. I really need to work on not being such a baby! A good friend of mine told me to keep my eyes on the prize and just get through each shot one at a time. I am going to try and ice the area tonight before I give the shot (hopefully numbing it!). My tummy is starting to look like a pin cushion. :0) I don't know how all of us infertiles handle this...WE ARE PRETTY STRONG!!! My heart goes out to all of you who have done this or will do this. You truly don't understand until you are doing it yourself. I don't know where I would be without DH. He is truly a blessing.

Oh, one last thing, my only new symptom was a massive headache. I was dying today. I called the RE and was able to take Tylenol. They said it was due to the high levels of Estrogen and that the headaches will get better a little each day. YIPPEE!!! :0)

No comments: