Monday, June 22, 2009

Retrieval Results!

I am sorry I haven't written sooner, but I wanted to have some information to provide. And I am sure all of you have been waiting patiently to hear my measly little story, but anyways, the RE retrieved 16 eggs on Saturday. I was thrilled to the gills as they originally said they saw anywhere between 6 and 15 and we got one more!!! :0) I just heard from the doctors office this morning with our case update and it is as follows:
16 Eggs to start
9 Matured
6 Fertilized
5 Strong as of this morning
They are not sure yet if they want to do a 3day transfer tomorrow or a 5day on Thursday. Right now I am tentatively scheduled to go tomorrow around 9am. The doctor will call me at 7:30am to tell me the consensus.

I am super thrilled but at the same time I am panicked! I am feeling this overwhelming motherly instinct and all I want to do is go to the office and cuddle them and tell them to be strong and hang in there and that Mommy and Daddy are waiting for them and praying for them. I want to get them in me so that I can protect them and nurture them. I know it must sound absolutely insane, but that is how I feel. I keep crying on and off because I can't believe this. I can't believe how fragile life is..minute by minute, hour by hour. I forgot to ask the doctor what "strong" meant for the remaining 5. I placed a call and left a message to hopefully get some grading numbers/cell counts. I will let you know as I know. So, here we go again...we wait!!!! I am freaking out now, I can only imagine how the 2ww will be.

6 comments:

Erica said...

I'm sorry I've missed this cycle - I've been away from the blogosphere. But, I'm so happy to hear about the 5 "strong" embabies. My fingers are crossed that they keep maturing!

Good luck tomorrow (if you have the 3 day transfer) and if not, let's go blastocysts!

BTW - you aren't insane. The hormones alone could make a person crazy, not to mention the whole procedure you're undergoing. You're in my thoughts! Good luck.

IVF Again! said...

I am so excited for you and hoping for the best! :)

Rebekah said...

Prayers for your little ones!

Emmy said...

Congratulations!! I hope they continue to grow and that you have a perfect transfer!

Hillary said...

Great news!! GL with the transfer!

ME! said...

YEAH! 5 strong is good! I am praying for you girlie! I can't wait for an update. Just remember- we are out here during your wait....you don't have to wait to blog- we will be here for you!