Saturday, June 27, 2009

Our 2 Blastocyst Miracles!!!

Hey Everyone!
Sorry I haven't been on but I have been enjoying my bed rest and we unfortunately do not have a laptop. Well, yet anyways :0) When we arrived to the RE on Thursday, DH and I were taken into a room where I was instructed to get undress (bra could stay on) and put the gown and cap on. We were very confused as we had no update on the embies, so I turned to DH and said, "I guess we are doing this!"

Moments after getting ready the doc comes in and says that we made the right decision; we had only two left but they had made it to the blastocyst stage. He handed us a picture of them...they really are precious, had us sigh some papers and asked DH to leave. "I am so excited!" was the last thing I said to DH as he left. I layed there feeling excited and nervous. It was not pleasant. I knew it would be somewhat painful, but first as it turns out my cervix was very tight. Then, the RE says, "Melissa, it's just not working out perfect and it needs to be perfect. I need to bring another nurse in to assist with a "pinching" tool. I am so sorry. I really am sorry this is going to hurt, but it must be perfect." Well, okay. I was still scared but happy that he wanted to get it just right. OMG!!! The pain was awful. About 2 minutes in (which seemed like an eternity) I actually almost yelled out FORGET IT! I DON'T WANT TO DO THIS!! and it was then that I heard my Mom in my ear telling me to BE STRONG! That is something she tells me all the time when I act like a child...when you have kids you will need to be the strong one. So, that is what I did. I imagined holding my baby in my arms and before I knew it, it was done. They double checked the catheter to make sure they were out, and removed all the tools. They told me I had to lay there for 30 minutes and then I could get dressed and go right home for my 48 hours of bed rest. They allowed DH to come sit with me and the 30 minutes flew by!

So, since Thursday I don't really feel pregnant :0) I still can't believe they are in there and I keep willing them to "STICK" around. I have had some minor cramping and lots of gas and some discharge. Sorry, too much information!!! :0) LOL But, I was wondering if that was normal? I have so many questions...i.e. is transferring a blastocyst a better chance of this working? How long until they implant? When should I feel pregnant or not (fingers crossed that is not the case) I go for my 1st beta 7/6/09. I can't wait...I am dying to know if they have made a home...my two tiny miracles.

8 comments:

Hillary said...

I am SO GLAD you were able to transfer two embryos -- that was a long wait. Hopefully it will all be more than worth it in a a few days!!

ME! said...

I am praying so hard for you guys- I want this to work for you! I am sorry it was painful- that really sucks! Why did they make your DH leave? I don't know if I could do it by myself.

Much love girl!!

IVF Again! said...

That's awesome that you had two perfect ones to transfer! Sorry the transfer was painful. I'm hoping for the best! I can't wait to hear your news!

Amber said...

I will be praying that those two little ones stick and that you have a healthy pregnancy! I'm sure this seems like the longest waiting period ever!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your two blasts made it to transfer - congratulations! For me, the trigger shot made me horribly constipated (on top of the PIO), so I did have gas issues.

Hang in there the next two weeks. As it gets near the end, that is the hardest time, so try to do everything you can to take care of yourself and distract yourself! For me the Twilight series helped, and lots of movies and TV. Good luck!!

Erica said...

Oh yikes and I'm sorry on the painful transfer experience! Good for you for being so strong - I would have wanted to pull the plug too. :)

Well, the beta is right around the corner...you can make it! I've got everything crossed for you - and just so you know, I never felt pregnant. In fact, I still don't "feel" pregnant. I'm just starting to "look" pregnant. As my grandmother so tactfully noted on Sunday, "Er, your butt is really getting bigger too!" She's lucky she's my grandma!

Good luck girlie! Stick babies stick.

Pie said...

2 blasts is great! I will keep my fingers crossed for Monday!

Emmy said...

I hope it worked! I'm glad they were able to transfer two!! I hope this week goes quickly for you!