Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Countdown to the Retrieval!

So, this morning I went for u/s and b/w again!! I really look forward to going. I love finding out what's going on in there; although I really don't ask a lot of questions. I usually just listen to him (the RE) spewing out information to the nurse. Today was a tad different. The room I was in had a miniature ultrasound screen that faced me so I could see everything. It was sooo cool. I watched him measure the follicles and barely payed attention to how many he saw. I know it was at least 13. He also said that my lining was 11mm. Is that good? Can anyone tell me what it is supposed to be? How about the size of the follicles? Can anyone tell me what is ideal?

But, I digress. The doc says that I will be most likely doing my Ovidrel injection tomorrow or Friday night with a retrieval on Saturday morning. AHHHH!!!!!!!!! I am soooo freakin' excited. I still can't believe that DH and I are here at this moment. It seemed like we would never get here when we were first dealing with all this back in November. I am so THANKFUL to have him, and all of you at this time. Thank you all for being there for me and understanding. I will let you know what we find out tomorrow!! :0)

2 comments:

Melissa Griffin said...

Hey there!

At my place they want the lining anything over 8 so 11 is excellent...and follicles should probably range from 18-14....some of the small ones might catch up over night and with the last shot of ovidrell...

Best of Luck - cant wait to hear!

IVF Again! said...

My RE says anything over 6 is good so 11 is AMAZING! My lining was always around 8 when I had my IUIs and they said that was good. So like I said 11 is wonderful! :)

And I remember my RE saying that follicles should be 16 or higher to trigger for an IUI. I'm not sure if it's different for IVF though.

Best wishes!!! :)