Saturday, June 6, 2009

Injection Teach

Sooooo excited!!!!! Yesterday DH and I had to go for the injection teach for the stims. It seems okay...a little overwhelming, but nothing we can't handle. The nurse did a brief lesson on the progesterone shots and that is what is scaring the HE*L out of me. What if DH hits the wrong area? Okay...I can't think about that now. One step at a time.

As we were listening to the instructions at the RE's office I felt all weepy. All I kept thinking was, "I can't believe we are at this step!" "This is really happening!" DH and I got in the car and I started bawling. I want this to work sooo badly. I read the blogs where some of you have BFN's and have been working for years to get pregnant and I feel so selfish because I just want this to work the first time out. No surprises. I hate not knowing if this will work or not. If I am like this now, so anxious, I can't even imagine how I'll be during the 2ww.

I made an appointment for Monday to go see a psychic. I have seen her in the past and she has been spot on. So, I just want to "check" in with her. The last time I was there she knew about DH's surgery and about the IVF, but she never mentioned my surgery. So, now its time to get an update from her and make sure that she still thinks it will "stick" the first time.

Tuesday 6/9/09 I lower my Lupron (THANK GOD!) , go for blood work and u/s in the morning and start the stims Tuesday night. Again, I CAN'T BELIEVE this is happening!!! Oh, please God make this work and give us the strength to get through this no matter what the results are.

1 comment:

Dr Aniruddha Malpani said...

I am a doctor and am very interesting in e-learning to try to help infertile couples learn more about their treatment options.

I'd like to ask you for a favour.

We have published a free e-learning course to help infertile couples to learn about IVF at http://www.ivfindia.com/IVF/IVF.htm.

Can you please critique this for me ?

Thanks !

Dr Aniruddha Malpani, MD
Malpani Infertility Clinic, Jamuna Sagar, SBS Road, Colaba
Bombay 400 005. India
Tel: 91-22-22151065, 22151066, 2218 3270
FAX ( India) 91-22-22150223.
Helping couples build families !

PS Read our book, How to Have a Baby - A Guide for the Infertile Couple,
online at www.DrMalpani.com !

Read my blog about improving the doctor-patient
relationship at http://doctorandpatient.blogspot.com/